• September 14Order your Yearbook Today!

• September 14Journalism is happy to introduce its new sponsor: David Baroffio!

Diggin’ in Districts

Rebekah Paxton, Contributor

The lady Bulldogs are back and they’re better. So far the varsity team has played two district games, both ending in wins against Boerne and Hondo. They look forward to the next district game against Fredericksburg on the 30th.

Varsity started up districts in an intense game against Southside resulting in a win, kicking off districts to an auspicious season. The Homecoming game against Boerne was an emotional game for all of the girls because Boerne is a competitive 6A school that is extremely difficult to beat. Bandera completed the game with three direct wins, crushing the Greyhounds in an astonishing victory. The Bulldogs now possess a 16-9 record.

“It felt like all of our hard work had payed off and it felt like a dream come true,” senior Peyton Mooney said, describing her feelings after the final set in the game against Boerne.

On Friday,  varsity proved their worth to the other schools showing them that this year the bulldogs are back and they’re ready to take on the road to state by giving it all they got.

“Being able to compete in a sport that I love makes me want to keep playing it and the feeling of winning against a rival opponent is indescribable,” sophomore Sullivan Wilke said.

Although the Bulldogs have had some losses this season, the rough competition has prepared them for a tough remaining district schedule, which includes Fredericksburg, Hondo, Canyon Lake, and one last match against Boerne.

“I know we can get the job done as long as we believe,” Sophomore Mattie Morrison said, on the upcoming game against Fredericksburg.

This year the Bulldogs have a good chance to make it to state and bring back the gold that Bandera has needed for a while. The last time the Bulldogs have gotten close to state was making it to regional finalists in 97’ and 98’.

“This will be our year,” Morrison said.

This year the girls have worked hard to get to where they are now. Coach Heiner has been working hard coaching the girls in drills, and workouts that build their mental strength and  endurance making them into great student athletes.

1 Comment

One Response to “Diggin’ in Districts”

1. Alex Perry on November 17th, 2016 2:21 pm

Great Story!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

Diggin’ in Districts